We were off to Callier Chocolate factory for some yummy chocolate! It was a short 5 minute drive from the Gruyere cheese factory. We purchased tickets for the 1 hour tour where you walk through several different rooms that tell the history of Callier chocolate. Some of the rooms were very dark and a tad scary for Aaron so was carried through most of it, that is until we entered the tasting room! As much as he wanted to walk and I wanted him to walk, I did not trust him to wander in the room by himself. He would end up touching far more than he could and should eat and could totally see him taking the entire tray.
 |
| Sydney and her Godmother, Kari, at Callier. |
 |
| At the playground outside the factory. |
 |
| Just one of many samples in the tasting room! |
 |
| Yes, this is a two lane road!! I waited my turn : ) |
Monday, November 7th, Kari and I were heading for Annecy for some shopping when the school called to let me know Aaron wasn't feeling well. So we ended up having to turn back around, but made the best of the day. We headed to Coop, which is a grocery store, and loaded up on all sort of Swiss food to sample. We tried this little bread with different varieties, meat pate, and some other things we weren't quite sure of, but you can rest assured nothing smelled like a barn. I wasn't going to repeat our cow stomach episode when we first arrived!!
You mean you didn't like my cow stomach selection!
ReplyDeleteNicki