Randy and the girls skiing trip last weekend was cancelled since there was not enough snow and the pistes (ski slopes) weren't open. We took advantage of the day and brought out our Christmas decorations and ornaments while Randy went out to get a tree. We bought a real tree and went with a 1/2 log that was fit perfectly to the tree for the stand. My engineer husband came up with the great idea of drilling a hole at an angle into the hole so we could water it.
 |
| Our tree stand, which doesn't need to be stored when Christmas is over! |
 |
| Kids before the tree is decorated. |
 |
| Tree is decorated and presents are wrapped. |
We finished the day off with a sitter for the kids while Randy and I went out for dinner. I had sushi for the first time in over 6 months and boy did it taste good!! On Friday, the kids had their Christmas programs at school so we spent the day at Champittet since they started at 9:15 and finished at 3:30 with a break for lunch. The pictures didn't turn because the chapel was too dark and we weren't close enough. Here is some video from each of their programs.
We are getting our first snowfall. Randy took the girls skiing yesterday and it was snowing as we were heading to the car to take them to the bus. We joined the Nestle ski club so we can sign up to ski every Saturday if we wish and will hit several different ski resorts. They were suppose to go to Grimetz, but the weather was too bad. They ended up in Villars where the weather wasn't the best in the morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon. They seemed to have a good time and ended up sleeping on the bus on the way home. It snowed more overnight so the kids were out to make their first snowman in Switzerland.
 |
| This is was our viewing when we woke up this morning. |
 |
| Kids ready with a snowball!! |
 |
| Ready, aim, and throw!!! |
 |
| The girls and their hairy snowman. |
 |
| Aaron wasn't too interested. Thank goodness for our jardin (yard)! |
I am guessing the snow won't stick around for long since it is suppose to be in the mid 30's by Wednesday, which is the kids last day of school until January 9th. We are hoping to check out a Christmas market before the are done for the year. There are outdoor Christmas markets everywhere and we are wanting to get to Bern or Basel to check out a bigger one. Lausanne has one, but it quite small compared to other cities. They have small wooden sheds that a vendor has to sell their goods, from cheese to candles, and hats and mittens. I will definitely post more details when we make it to one, hopefully it is this year. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, happy holiday and new year!! I am not sure if I will blog again before Christmas and we are off to Rome next Monday where I will have lots to blog when we return.
Very nice, I love your Christman tree stand, how clever. I envy your lifestyle, you are so lucky to experience it.
ReplyDelete