Thursday, September 27, 2012

Circus camp and first day of school

The last full week of summer was spent getting Sydney to skating camp and Hailey to circus camp.  Not sure what I am going to do when Aaron starts having activities, it is hard enough coordinating two schedules let alone adding a third!  Both activities were in the afternoon so it was nice to have a relaxing morning.  At the end of Hailey's camp they put on a little performance of everything they learned.  I will wait to post Sydney's skating until her first competition.  It hasn't worked out for me to watch and she ended up changing her routine, so it will be a surprise for both of us.  In the video Hailey is in all black and in the second half she has a bright pink shirt on.  After they built a pyramid Hailey can be found in the back corner with the fabric ropes flying like a bird.


Here are some pictures as well.  She had a great week and is interested in going again!

Hailey is on the right holding the girl that is standing on her knees.
Transitioning on the fabric ropes.
Walking on the tight rope with a partner helping her balance.
Balancing and taking small steps on the ball.
One of a few poses on the trapeze.
The following week was the official end of summer with school starting on Thursday.  We spent Wednesday getting checked in at school at getting any additional uniforms we needed.  This year was off to a much better start.  The kids knew where to go, Aaron didn't walk off campus this year, and we had a lot more French under our belt.  Oh how far we have come!  Randy was wondering when the kids would take the bus and I had no idea at that time.  He was surprised I was so calm considering it was two days before school started.  I wasn't going to worry unless I didn't hear from someone the day before school started and I did in fact hear from the bus driver the day before school started : )  Here are first day of school pictures.

The girls heading down for their bus at 7:00am.
Aaron was very excited for his first day of school!
It seems we have only been in school a couple weeks and they only have two more weeks before they have fall break for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment