Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ski week in Nendaz

After making it through Sydney's skating competition we were off to Nendaz for a week of skiing.  We rented a chalet in Nendaz and have the kids signed up for ski lessons Monday through Friday from 9-4.  I even signed myself up for a couple lessons so I can try to keep up with the girls.  After finding the chalet in the dark, which was no easy feat as they seem to be lacking street signs as well as street lights when you are off the main roads, we got settled and all the ski gear ready for the slopes.

One of the black runs that Randy went down while I watched from the cable car.
One of our views (Verbier) while Randy and I enjoyed a morning cappuccino.
Quick pic of St Bernard, which you see everyone on the slopes.
Randy and I getting some lunch on another beautiful day!
While I was off taking my lessons, Randy would venture out on his own taking on the more challenging runs.  On the first day he ventured off the map and the only way back was taking a bus that ran every 30 minutes.  He was fortunate there were people there and the bus would be there shortly.  Otherwise, we would have been waiting for a long time for him to get back so we could head back to the chalet.
We had beautiful weather and took full advantage of the kids being in lessons!
Cheers - time for lunch.
Before my second lesson could start I received a phone call from Sydney and Hailey's instructor saying Hailey was hurt and they called the Dr who was coming to take a look at her.  Her loving older sister informed the instructor she is probably ok as she is quite dramatic so it is probably nothing.  The instructor wanted to be safe and make sure she was looked over and it wasn't serious.  After she was brought down on a sled and the Dr examined her, it was more bumps and bruises and she was fine.  Randy stayed with the kids for lunch to see how she was doing while I headed off for my lesson.  By the end of lunch she was off and running around so she headed off for her afternoon lesson.
Aaron and his medal for passing blue prince.
The girls with some of the buddies from their class.
Randy bringing lunch on our last day.
Sunrise from our chalet - sun kissing just the top of the mountains.
Sunset from our chalet - sun kissing the other side of the mountains.
Looking up the mountain from our chalet.
The rest of the week was uneventful and even after skiing everyday all day, the girls still wanted to go skiing on Saturday.  We all skied as a family in the morning so they could show us there skills.  The girls officially passed my abilities and Aaron tries his best to keep up with his sisters.  Aaron and I headed back to the chalet for lunch while Randy and the girls went skiing for the afternoon.  They didn't get back to the chalet until 4:30 making great use of their passes.  All of them are wanting to go back next year taking lessons for the entire day again.  I don't think mom and dad can argue since that gives us plenty of couple time.

No comments:

Post a Comment