Thursday, February 27, 2014

British Open

Randy's friend from General Mills, Mark Hindman, made good on his promise to visit and arrived a few days after we returned from London.  They headed to Montreux Jazz Festival to enjoy some live music along Lake Geneva.  I joined the guys one night since Randy and I had tickets to see Prince.  It was an excellent concert!  It was interesting to watch the crowd as it seemed more subdue that it might have been in the US.  I don't know if it was due to language, age of crowd, culture, or just where we were standing.
Mark, Randy, and I getting dinner before Prince.
Randy and Mark headed to Scotland on Wednesday to watch the British Open.  They had a great time catching up over a couple beers and watching the British Open.
Randy and Mark out on the town, not sure if it is Montreux or Scotland for the British Open.
Mark and Randy at the British Open.
Randy had such a great time paragliding with Tony in June, he convinced Mark to also give it a try.  It was a beautiful day and they went along Mont Blanc in France.  The winds were in their favor as Randy was able to ride them higher up to get some great views of Mont Blanc.

Mark getting ready for paragliding.


After Mark headed home, we had 3 days to gear up for the Gammon's visit and a week in Tuscany.

No comments:

Post a Comment