Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Championship Vaudois

We had one weekend between Sydney's skating competitions so Randy and Hailey went skiing with Nestle ski club while the other two and I headed to the ice rink for Sydney's lesson.  I don't think I have mentioned it has been extremely cold here, which is one thing I have not been missing!  We took the bus since Randy and Hailey had the car, so we endured the elements to sit for over an hour in a freezing ice rink.  Aaron was not happy and kept asking to go home!  I was wondering how the other two were managing since they were on the slopes.  Well, despite the cold weather they had a good time and I think some solo time with daddy was good for Hailey.  Here are a couple pictures from Versoix I nabbed from a friend.  Everything next to Lake Geneva is covered in ice from the water blowing from the lake and then freezing.  Good luck to those car owners on getting their cars out before spring!



After spending Monday-Thursday at Les Martinet with school, Sydney had her last competition for the season on Saturday in Yverdon.  Not that it really ends, it just winds down and there aren't any competitions again until next fall.  I think it goes to one time a week in May and June, a week in July, and then picks back up in August.  I am still trying to figure it all out as well as IJS.  Here is her video and a picture from the results.  Here score was the same (15.95) and she received 8th place.  Her friend, Maeva, received first place and landed two axels, bravo!



While Sydney was at Les Martinet, she enjoyed some sledding and was even able to go snow shoeing at night during the full moon.  I think I need to see if anybody wants to join me during the next full moon!  It sounded like they had a great time and she was definitely looking a little tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment