Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rude Plague

I haven't forgotten about the blog, we just haven't had anything fun and exciting to post since someone in the house has been sick for the last two to three weeks!  Although I am not sure we would have had anything to post if we were healthy???  With the kids in school and the extremely cold weather, we haven't been out and about much.  Aaron was the first to get sick and he was some from school for 5 days.  Hailey joined him for 2 of those 5 days.  I had one full day with all kids in school before Sydney and I were in bed with fevers on Friday.  Randy had the joy of coming home from traveling to sick wife and kids two Fridays in a row!!

The kids are off school this week and we haven't left the house all week, except Tuesday, since Sydney and I are still sick.  Although we did finally get a pediatrician so the kids officially have a Dr that is just a few bus stops away!  We met him on Tuesday and had to stop at the pharmacy for prescriptions for the girls.  That is the only time we have been out of the house all week!!  Apparently you need a prescription for ibuprofen, but you can get codeine without one.  That does not make sense to me, but I am not complaining since I have been able to sleep for the past two nights after Randy picked some up for me!

Amazing sunset!
The last weekend of break we all went on a short road trip to Basel.  We stayed at a hotel that was next to a water park, which was big for Europe, but small by US standards.  On Saturday we went to the Basel Zoo before swimming.  They had a great variety of animals and we quickly realized we forgot something upon entry.  There was a young group of guys that were having a great time at the zoo all while carrying around a 6-pack of beer around with them.  Another one of those, "only in Europe" : )

Kids stopping for a quick picture.
Heading to the zoo.  Randy and girls on lower bridge while I stay with pokey Aaron.
Pelicans - quite the wing span!
Elephants - notice the leaning one in the background!
Standing guard on the rock.
This week the kids are all back in school and I am getting the house back in order before I leave for Budapest on Friday with a girlfriend.  Unfortunately it is also the weekend of Sydney skating show, which I will miss since my trip was planned before we even knew of the show.  I am bummed to miss and hope to hear all about it when I get back.  Hopefully Randy can get some video so I can see a little of the show.  Only four weeks from tomorrow and we will be heading to Florida for our first visit to the US since we left last May.  Wow, we will have been here a year before you know it.  We definitely need to pick up the pace of our travel plans because before too long we will be heading back!

No comments:

Post a Comment