Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day at the pool

Today we were off to the pool to meet up with other "trailing spouses" and their kids.  I purchased a summer pass and there were a couple very kind individuals that translated for me since they didn't know English and I haven't had French lessons yet.  When the process was finally complete and I understood my instructions to come back tomorrow to pick up the passes, it was off to the pool.  It has been in the mid 80's the past two days and there is no air conditioning and I haven't gotten around to purchasing fans yet.  It is suppose to cool off tomorrow and I will definitely be picking up a few so we are prepared for the next heat wave.  It actually hasn't been too bad as there is no humidity, but it still takes some getting used to when you are used to flipping on the good 'ole A/C.

We went to Bellerive pool which is situated right along Lake Geneva on our bus route, so no driving for me!  It was a huge complex with a big huge grassy area to spread out, a kiddie pool with slides on one side, beach towards the lake, an Olympic size pool with 3 different diving platforms on the other side, and water toys on the lake off the beach.  Dare devil Hailey actually went of the lower of the high dives with a spring board.  She wanted to go on the next one, but I held her back until her swimming was a little stronger as the ladder was a bit further than the lower one.  Hailey and Aaron played with the Rosen's kids, which are 7 and 5 year old twin girls.  Sydney played with Sophie (age 8) who moved here from Sydney, Australia in January.  She got the biggest kick out of Sydney playing with someone from Sydney.  They live on our side of town close to where I will end up doing most of my grocery shopping, which will be great since the girls hit is off!

Sydney on one of the rafts.
All the girls made it on.  There is Sydney and her friend from Sydney, Sophie and her sister Elena.
Hailey and Aaron playing in the sand while Sydney is on the rafts.
Aaron moved to the water since the sand was too hot. 
Picture of some sail boats a little further out, may be a sailing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment