Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm no Julia Child

So going grocery shopping with 3 kids in a country where you don't know the language is not a good combination, or it wasn't on this occasion.  On the list this go round was ingredients to make homemade pizza.  There are a variety of pastry and pizza crusts that you can buy at the grocery store and there is a HUGE difference.  I went with the rectangle since that is what I bought last time and thought it had a picture of sausage pizza and with all three kids in tow didn't take the time at looking it up in Google Translate, which was a big mistake.  I rolled it out and put on my ingredients and threw it in the oven and the crust just didn't seem to set because I bought pastry crust!!  After looking at the picture a little more closely, what I thought was sausage was actually a berry, oops.  Everyone was hungry and it was 7pm, not to mention the food (and $$) that was wasted.  So I started a couple grilled cheeses and threw the salami and cheese on a piece a bread and told Hailey she has her own personal pizza, I was going to salvage as much as I could!!  I took the ingredients from my portion and put it on toasted bread!  Everyone else had grilled cheese and we will add this to our meal disaster diary.  With all my time at home I think I am going to have to focus on learning to cook!!

Randy wanted to commented on this post and I did actually give him a chance, but he is off to Poland for the week and I am not waiting until he returns since this is holding up other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment