Friday, July 22, 2011

Exploring in Lausanne

Well, we have survived the week with Randy gone and no car!  Unfortunately Randy's flight is delayed and he won't get home until tomorrow afternoon.  Friday afternoon the kids and I took the bus towards Riponne, which is close to the center of the city and has an open air market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.  This was the market we tried to go to on our first Saturday but only found a small section.  We met up with the McKeehan's again and she showed me around some of the stores, which I am sure I will get lost in.  They are all built on a hill so you can go in one door and out another and be on a completely different level of the city, which makes it easier to avoid walking up the hill.  We are short on towels since ours didn't make the air shipment cut so I went to price them out in case I needed to pick up a couple more.  Well, I think I am better off waiting and bringing some back since they are 35-60CHF or ~$40-$65USD each.

We stopped at a clock with a fountain and figurines that come out with a story in French every hour.  Of course the Rude's didn't have a clue what the story was about.  Maybe next time???  Here are some pictures from today.

Fountain with clock in the background under green shutters.
Clock with soldiers marching across.
Kids running around the fountain, which we later read, thanks to Macy, was not allowed.  Oops!
Next week the girls' are in language camp from 9-4:30 so it will just be Aaron and I.  We are slowly making progress with him being potty trained so hopefully after next week we can say we are officially done with diapers and pull ups.  It makes it a little difficult in Switzerland since there are not restrooms everywhere like back in the states.  Some of the department stores we were in had only one bathroom for multiple floors, unlike in the states where there is usually one every floor or every other.  Today he went out in underwear and did go once, but then had an accident before we got back home.  Guess we will keep plugging away!

No comments:

Post a Comment